Goldstein Salmon – a family of salmon curers for over a century
A traditional company with a modern approach to customer care. Through four generations, the care and pride we have for our smoked salmon, has enabled us to develop what we consider the finest product on the market today.
The traditionally mild London smoked salmon we provide is renowned for it’s consistent creamy, smoky texture. Our product range is designed with your needs in mind. We are always pleased to tailor our range of smoked and raw salmon products to your requirements.
Our client base is made up from a broad spectrum of delicatessens, caterers, wholesalers, sandwich makers, restaurants and snack bars.
If kosher certification is important to you, then look no further than Goldstein’s. Our reputation amongst kosher establishments is second to none. With London Beth Din and Kedassia approval, we are your first stop for kosher salmon.
Hygiene and health are paramount to our industry. You can be secure in the knowledge that our product is awarded the BRC certification for food safety.
Care and consideration for our delicate environment is always an important issue. Our kilns are fitted with smog eaters to purify the smoke before emission. We are very aware of the unnecessary amounts of packaging materials used on today’s food products and always attempt to use the minimum possible.
Goldstein Salmon, started smoking salmon in 1911 and is arguably the oldest established family of salmon curers based in the London area.
Wolfe Goldstein, at the turn of the 20th century was widely recognised as the most skilled salmon filleter and curer in London. His daily visits to The Old Billingsgate Market gave him the opportunity to select the finest quality fish, straight from the rivers of Scotland for his unique and careful curing over slowly smouldering oak dust.
His dream was to have a company of his own and be able to provide his wealth of knowledge and experience direct to the customer. This only came to fruition with the founding of Goldstein Salmon by Wolfe’s son David in 1960.
Over the course of the next 40 years, ably assisted by his son Ian, the business developed and grew, until in January 2000 Ian took the giant leap away from the east end of London and moved into a state of the art factory in Stanmore, Middx.
In 2008 the next chapter began when Ian’s son Nick entered the family business. He brought with him a new, forward thinking attitude and has improved many aspect of the company. After Ian's retirement in 2018, Nick has now taken over as Managing Director, and we are truly now in our fourth generation.
We are proud of our direct family heritage and hope that this shows in the personable service we offer all customers.
We have a tried and tested 4-step process for creating our salmon products.
- Our fish are selected according to our uncompromising desire to produce the finest quality smoked salmon
- The fish are reared in the cool, clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean under the strictest environmental standards
- Our highly qualified environmental health consultant personally audits all of our suppliers
- We insist on our fish being lean and well fed, thus providing a superb firm fleshed specimen
- Upon arrival at our smokehouse, the fish are checked to ensure they meet our exacting specification
- The fish are hand filleted by our highly skilled craftsmen, then salted using our own traditional method
- This curing procedure, which lasts for at least 24 hours, is a vital part of our process
- The natural salt helps absorb large quantities of water that may remain in the fillets, thus reducing the risk of bacteria surviving and helping to prepare the flesh for ease of slicing.
- The fillets are placed in our smoking kilns, where pure oak dust is slowly passed over them. This imparts a wonderful colour and texture
- The smoked fillets are then left to mature, allowing the delicious mild, creamy, smoky flavour to develop
- After another quality check, the fillets are trimmed by hand and all bones removed
- The fillets are then thinly sliced and expertly prepared to the customers’ individual requirements.
- All staff are stringently trained to our bespoke food safety and hygiene standards
- Stringent controls are in place to ensure our product is of the highest quality
- Our process is monitored and conforms to the rigorous standard laid down by The British Retail Consortium (BRC).
We offer several product types. if you cannot find what you are looking for, please Contact Us.
Various formats of fresh salmon prepared to your specification. Other species of fresh fish are available according to market.
Finest quality sliced smoked salmon, retail packs various weights available 100gram – 1kilo, vacuum/loose packed.
Finest quality sliced smoked salmon, portion control sandwich/bagel packs various weights, vacuum packed.
Portion control slices, ideal for catering purposes. Each slice approx 30 grams centre cut, perfect for hors d’ouevres designs.
Whole sides smoked salmon bone in, vacuum/loose packed.
Whole sides smoked salmon trimmed and boned ready for slicing, vacuum/loose packed.
Pre-sliced sides smoked salmon laid back on the skin, vacuum packed.
Royal fillet of smoked salmon, centre cut loin, the heart of the side, for that special occasion.
Hot smoked salmon, individual portions or whole prepared sides.
Smoked cods roe vacuum/loose packed.
Here's what our customers are saying.
"Goldstein Salmon offer a reliable and efficient service of a top quality product"
"They are a company that stands behind their products and are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Wishing you continued success!"
"We have been using Goldstein Smoked Salmon for many years"
"The quality of the product is consistent at all times and it makes it a pleasure to offer smoked salmon to clients as part of our menu."
"First-class quality product and reliable service with pleasant people"
"What else could be wanted from one’s supplier? One only wishes that all of the others out there could offer similar facilities."
"Southbank Fresh Fish rely upon Goldstein's quality, consistency and service"
"Southbank Fresh Fish rely upon Goldstein's quality, consistency and service to provide our clients with the best available London cure smoked salmon products. Our sales teams and Business Development Managers are proud to have such a fabulous tasting product to offer"
"The quality of their product is always top notch"
"We have been working with Goldstein for a long time now, and the quality of their product is always top notch, the deliveries are on time and in full, and the drivers courteous. Goldstein is always responsive to our needs and we look forward to continue having them as our preferred fish supplier."
"Goldstein Smoked Salmon provide the finest Kosher smoked salmon in the world"
"In the 10 years plus I have been working with Goldsteins, I have found them to be the best of all my suppliers. The attention to detail is immaculate, service levels of the very highest calibre, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure we receive our deliveries exactly as ordered. The sales team are highly professional, deliveries are on time or early, and the accounts personnel are more than helpful. Most importantly, the product: simply put, Goldstein Smoked Salmon provide the finest Kosher smoked salmon in the world."
"With Goldstein’s new ‘paperless’ system on site, they are showing themselves to be a forward thinking, proactive company"
"I am proud to be the Technical Consultant for Goldstein Smoked Salmon. The team on site were the first of a few to help me achieve my ambition of completing a BRC food standard audit with NO non-conformances at all! With Goldstein’s new ‘paperless’ system on site, they are showing themselves to be a forward thinking, proactive company. What else is there to say? A shining example of Technical excellence."